Forum d'incitation à la fabrication de Customs de Windsurf et de Surf
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 pièces (induction, ...
59.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

Sicomin Foam Epoxy

3 participants

Sicomin Foam Epoxy Empty Sicomin Foam Epoxy

Message  Dar Lun 8 Juil 2019 - 1:12

Good day fellow wind lovers!

My first post and I hope I am not out of line by posting in English on here. I am a South African so my native is english and afrikaans. I've been learning from Antoine's youtube videos and I've been learning how to make my first boards. Thank you 1,000,000 times Antoine, your generosity in sharing your techniques and information is amazing.

I have made 3 boards so far .... 1 x fun / freeride 140L, 1 x freeride / freestyle waveboard and 1 x foil kiteboard (yes .... I kitesurf too Razz).

Sicomin Foam Epoxy Wave310

Sicomin Foam Epoxy Wave111
Sicomin Foam Epoxy Wave211
Sicomin Foam Epoxy Wave410

Enough about me .... my question is .... Sicomin Epoxy Foaming .... it's a good idea to use this for the 80kg pvc lamination. Will it improve the strength of the bond or will it just make a mess and ruin the bond?

Dar

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Sicomin Foam Epoxy Empty Re: Sicomin Foam Epoxy

Message  antoinedestbrev1 Dim 14 Juil 2019 - 11:08

Hello

What a good job you already made indeed with all these boards !!

What do you exactly want to do with epoxy foaming ? Is this that product you're talking about ?

Sicomin Foam Epoxy Resine10
I understand you want to stick the PVC sandwich foam with that Epoxy instead of using epoxy / silica ?

I've never tried this but in my opinion, it won't be easy because of de speed of expansion of the product, while you will spread it on the board.....

Sorry for my english, I made as I could !  Wink
antoinedestbrev1
antoinedestbrev1
Admin

http://www.guidedupetitshapeuramateur.fr

Message  Dar Lun 15 Juil 2019 - 6:44

Non .... Je m'excuse pour mon mauvais français, j'apprécie votre réponse.

C'est ce que je voulais savoir, je craignais que l'écume ne soit trop rapide. Je vous remercie!

Google translation  Very Happy

No....I am sorry for my bad French, I appreciate your response.

That is what I wanted to know, I was worried about the foaming to be too fast. Thank you!

Dar

Message  lemat Mar 16 Juil 2019 - 1:46

I think it's possible. One's i use, from resoltech, start to foam quickly but foam grow slowly without pressure like pu foaming glue that i also use to skin surfboards deck with wood.
But i am not sure that you ll have a real benefit to use it. For weight gain it's for me more effective to you use a microsphere/resin mix to glue and or laminate fiber. At higher density around 600kg/m3 syntactic foam (epoxy/microsphere) have better mechanical properties than foaming resin. Foaming resin is realy effective to strongly fill cavities at around 200kg/m3.

lemat

Message  Dar Mar 16 Juil 2019 - 2:24

Thank you lemat .... would it also work to a layer of 100gsm glass then let it cure / dry ..... then use a foaming PU glue to stick the PVC to the dry glass? Or still better to use the epoxy sphere mix?

Why do you use PU glue to skin a surfboard deck and not resin / microsphere mix?

Dar

Message  lemat Mar 16 Juil 2019 - 12:54

I use pu foaming glue to glue prelam wood skin on eps foam. Pu foaming strong and go deep in foam so it waterproof eps and increase it's density/ dent résistance. I do it with epoxy+micro+silice past now. I used pu foam glue to glue balsa on eps for wings of airplane models, i had a specific fluide one's i don't have anymore...

lemat

Message  Dar Mer 17 Juil 2019 - 7:59

Thanks Lemat!

Dar

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé